Tuesday, February 07, 2006

THE Anniversary

one year ago today, my cochlear implant was activated...

i remember how overwhelming the whole day was.

i remember how much i hated the sounds i was hearing and how they made me cry.

i remember my husband looking at me with such sadness, wishing nothing but happiness for me.

i remember how supportive my whole family was.

i remember calling my brother on my cell phone and being thrilled that i could hear him... i couldn't understand a word he was saying, but i could HEAR him.

i remember how excited my friends were for me, even though they might not have realized just how deaf i really was without my implant.

i remember being amazed at how noisy the world is.

i am so proud for having come this far and for still having daily CI-moments.

i am SO grateful to everyone (especially Dr. Downey and Judy) for helping me get to where i am today.

hearing is W O N D E R F U L ! ! !

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :)
    --Karin, www.bionicboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you, though I am glad you've retained Loving Squeaks on one side ...

    {hug} {squeak}

    ReplyDelete