Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lost Advertising

Whenever there is a commercial on TV that isn't close-captioned, I feel "gipped" (for lack of a better word).....

I'm not sure how advertisers decide if/when to provide captioning with their commercials, but when they don't, they must lose out on thousands (maybe millions?) of Deaf & hard of hearing people who may benefit from the product they're trying to sell.

Wouldn't it make more sense to shell out the extra $ for closed-captioning with the hope of earning more $ when a larger demographic can read the said captioning???

Or am I over-reacting here?

I know I am fortunate enough to sometimes be able to hear what is being said on television & don't need to always read the captions, but what about the people who can't?

Just some food for thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment