Friday, December 19, 2008

Trickling...?

While perusing the Christmas Tree Shoppes last night (a *great* place, by the way), I heard what sounded like water trickling. When I looked around & didn't see anything, I figured I was having a CI moment in my head.

Then the sound started again -- like a slow stream of water, dribbling between pepples. I thought that maybe it was one of those doohickeys that people have in their offices. You know, that bowl of rocks that gets plugged in so the water drips around them.

But NOPE! That's not what it was.

The sound was starting to drive me batty, so I stood there all alert, waiting for the trickle again...

And then I saw the source: a shopping cart! The wheels of the cart on the store's tile floor were making the liquid dribbling sound.

It was the weirdest thing, but I felt better that I wasn't going crazy... not yet, anyway!

:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment