Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Vibrating Tea?

When I was making myself a cup of tea this weekend, I noticed that a strange buzzing sound was coming from the mug after I poured in the hot water. I didn't think anything of it (maybe that's the sound it's supposed to make?) & forgot about it.

Well, hubby just approached me with a freshly brewed cup of tea and said, "Listen to this!"

Before I even tilted my CI towards the mug, I asked, "Let me guess -- the tea is vibrating."

His eyes bulged & he said, "Yeah! What's up with that?!" I, of course, had NO idea & neither did hubby.

On the one hand, I was relieved that this buzzing/vibrating tea sound wasn't in my head, but on the other hand, I was confused because not even my perfect-hearing husband could figure it out.

Any suggestions out there?

I hope out tea cups aren't radioactive or anything!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:07 PM

    i am researching this on the internet right now as my sister's tea is buzzing too! the froth on the milk was a little frothy, so we stirred it off and it still buzzed. my partner, my sister and I can all hear this buzz!

    i hypothesised that it may be to do with some sort of tiny crack/fault in the tea cup. thats as far as i got though.

    its a mystery of the buzzy tea cup

    ReplyDelete