Thursday, April 14, 2005

i'm really deaf... for real


this morning, while getting ready for work, i walked into my bedroom and saw that my alarm clock was still vibrating (the light was blinking -- i didn't actually see the vibration... duh).

well... turns out, i didn't shut the alarm off when i first woke up -- i pressed the snooze button instead. (i know i'm not the only one who's ever done this!)

well, imagine my horror when i felt the pillow and noticed that it was WARM to the touch. my poor alarm clock -- it was vibrating for a good 20 minutes before i turned it off.

obviously, i wasn't wearing my CI *or* my hearing aid, otherwise i would have HEARD it!

grrrrr... how embarrassing... and what a waste of energy.

thank goodness my pillow didn't explode or something. how would i explain that to my husband? 'umm... honey? our bed is on fire because i let the alarm clock cook my pillow... ooops.'

:-/

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    And you just figured this out? You are so cute !

    ReplyDelete