i wanted to list the differences between the volume setting and the sensitivity setting on my new bte (behind-the-ear) processor.....
this doesn't really involve any specific CI moments, but is something i wanted to record for my own information (and for those that are curious about the technical stuff)
- i use this setting in quieter environments where there isn't a lot of background noise -- i.e., at home or at work
- i can hear my computer fan buzzing, the mouse clicking, feet rubbing on the carpet, water running, pretty much everything
- when i'm watching t.v., i use this setting because then i can hear my phone ringing or my computer beeping when i receive an instant message
- i like this setting in louder environments, such as a crowded restaurant or in my car
- i prefer to use this setting wtih my cell phone because it blocks out background noise
- if i want to concentrate on voices right next to me, this setting blocks out everything else so i can focus on whoever i'm listening to
i know that with time, even the 3G will sound more "natural" than my hearing aids ever did.