every morning on my way to work, i listen to WNYC-FM: 93.9, National Public Radio. now that i have my CI, i can actually understand the news broadcasts (assuming the voice isn't too high-pitched or accented)... and it's GREAT.
well, i realized this morning that there really isn't anything in the news that is worth listening to. these are the stories i've picked up so far and i must say, they are DEPRESSING!
- Robert Blake's murder acquittal - who cares?
- Alaskan oil drilling - too bad
- the Michael Jackson trial - yikes!
- steroid use among Major League Baseball players - ugh
- the WAR in Iraq - when will it be over???
- problems in Lebanon and Syria - see above
- soldiers in Afghanistan - poor guys
- blah blah blah - blah blah blah
BUT!!! there are 2 reasons why i will never completely give up on listening to the news:
- because i like to be kept abreast of current events;
- and because i CAN!